In the wake of escalating concerns over declining coal demand, we catch up with Coal India subsidiary ECL — the company that inherited all the private sector coal mines of Raniganj Coalfields.
Join us live on Friday, 19th June at 12:00PM (IST), 2:30 PM (Singapore time), 10:30 AM (Dubai time) as we interview Shri. B. Veera Reddy, Director (Technical) of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) to comprehend the company’s contingency plans to combat the worsening impacts of the viral outbreak.
FY20 saw ECL reaching several milestones despite adverse market conditions. Besides achieving highest-ever coal production and overburden removal, it outperformed other CIL subsidiaries, with a notable growth in offtake.
ECL has been also undergoing a continuous process of modernization and technological up-gradation that seeks to raise the company’s overall production capacity.
Key points of discussion:
- Production and despatch levels post lockdown and action plans to ramp up output
- Anticipation of demand in upcoming spot auctions for coal sales
- Settlement of land acquisition disputes at Rajmahal mine and boosting coal supply volumes
- Mechanization of underground coalmining at Jhanjra Project Colliery
- Development of coal bed methane (CBM) project at Raniganj