Guest Speaker – Mr Nikunj Turakhia, Managing Director at Standard Group & President of Steel Users Federation of India and Hon. General Secretary of Chamber of Associations of Maharashtra Industry & Trade.
Indian steel mills have curtailed output due to pandemic and are exploring export opportunities amid subdued domestic demand and inventories. In this podcast, Mr Turakhia shares his views on the impact of COVID-19 on Indian steel industry in terms of demand, flat steel inventories, export opportunities, scope for imports and a market outlook.
- Impact of lock-down on Indian steel demand and challenges being faced
- Effect on steel inventories with mills and stockists
- Will domestic flat steel prices fall after lock-down eases?
- Mills exploring export options to clear inventories
- Is there any scope of steel imports to India?
Listen the Podcast to Know all the answers
– Interview by Shreya Divakaran and Nishtha Mukherjee