Indian scrap recycling sector, both non-ferrous and ferrous, have been severely impacted due to the prevailing lockdown in the country. In this podcast by SteelMint Events, Mr Dhawal Shah, MD at Metco Marketing (India) and Vice President (Non Ferrous) of MRAI, shared insights about the impact of covid-19 on the scrap recycling industry in the country, the issues being faced by importers at sea ports and other challenges for the industry, how MRAI is taking up these with the government departments and Ministries, and steps being taken by the relevant authorities.
Points of Discussion:
- Present status of operations of Scrap Recycling activities across the country
- MRAI’s discussions with government authorities for waiver of demurrage, detention charges and other demands
- Finance related requirements by the industry participants including waiver of late payment interests, additional working capital etc
- Impact of production cuts and suspension of operation by Indian steel mills and other industries on recycling sector
- Long standing demand of Indian buyers to waiver import duty on scrap imports, and development on the same.
- Industry Outlook
Listen the Podcast to Know all the answers
– Interview by Akshay Sharma and Shreya Divakaran